As well as the natural advantages of investing in Northampton, you are eligible for a wide range of benefits by calling Northampton Waterside home.
- Business rate relief: Businesses that occupy a building in the Zone before April 2018 could be eligible for a business rate discount of up to £55k per year over a five year period. This could equate to a saving of up to £275,000.
- Simplified planning process: Any development proposal within the Enterprise Zone boundary will benefit from a quicker and simpler planning process. A Local Development Order is in place for St James and two more are in progress for the Sixfields and St Peter’s areas. An LDO means there are permitted development rights for certain types of commercial buildings in the area. Download the St James LDO document
- Infrastructure investment: Public sector partners are investing in the infrastructure to support success. This includes an iconic new railway station, which is located in the centre of the Enterprise Zone and will be completed in 2014.
In October 2013 independent planning consultancy, Halcrow, was commissioned to compile an infrastructure report on the Enterprise Zone. The summary document is available to view and further details are available using the contact details below.
- Superfast broadband: Links have been established with service providers to ensure the Enterprise Zone is well served by superfast broadband. There is superfast connectivity to all sites by either a dedicated line or a shared service.
- A ‘one stop shop’ approach: Whether you’re a business, landowner or developer, you have access to the skills and services of the Enterprise Zone team. Led by Northampton Borough Council, there is a partnership of public and private sector organisations covering everything from planning to marketing.